I have broad interests in the history of seventeenth and eighteenth century European philosophy, though my work to date mostly focuses on Immanuel Kant’s philosophy. I have written on Kant’s views concerning the mind, perception, his theory of human reason and rationality, and the broader metaphysical and epistemological views with which these ideas are integrated. I’m also very interested in seeing what, if any, connections may be made between Kant’s positions and contemporary research programs in the philosophy of mind and metaphysics. In particular, I am interested in issues pertaining to the study of mental content, the nature and significance of self-consciousness, reasoning and rationality, and animal cognition.
Upcoming Conferences & Presentations
- “I Am The Original of All Objects: Apperception & the Substantial Subject.” Post-Kantian Seminar, Oxford. May 30th, 2017.
Work in Progress
If you’re interested in a draft of any of the following please email me.
- “‘I am the original of all objects’: Apperception & the Substantial Subject”
- “Kant on the Parity of Inner & Outer Sense”
- “Concept, Intuition, and Structure”
- “Definition & Essence in the Metaphysical Foundations of Natural Science”
- “Iconicity & Representational Structure”